Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BIORACER KIT REVIEW - JACKETS,GILETS & L/S TOPS

BIORACER KIT REVIEW - JACKETS,GILETS & L/S TOPS 3 years 10 months ago #2383

A lot of people have been asking about the differences in jacket, gilet and long sleeve jersey material/spec on the BIORACER kit and what would I recommend. When you join we send out a basic kit list however there is a full kit list with a lot of other options which a lot of people have asked to order from.

I personally haven't tried all of them although a lot of others have bought the various different types.

The best thing to do is to post up your reviews of the kit you have bought. It's also good feedback for Ken at BIORACER. I'll edit all the reviews into one post and it should be a bit more helpful.

These are the material types: www.bioracer.com/en/technology/technological-fabrics

Cheers
AL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BIORACER KIT REVIEW - JACKETS,GILETS & L/S TOPS 3 years 10 months ago #2384

51512 Jacket Windblock Winter 3 Pockets £108.50
www.bioracer.com/en/collection/202/prof-...et-windblock-winter-

Top of the range Winter Jacket. I've had the three pocket version of this jacket for nearly three years and it's still going strong. It is a very thick material and has a fleece type lining on the inside.

Good bits - It's very waterproof even though it just says drizzle protection. I've wore it in full on rain and it's always been fine. I've never been cold in it.

Bad Bits - It's very very warm (is that bad?). I usually wear a l/S jersey or base under in winter but any more than one layer and I'll over heat. I often end up riding with it open.

Summary - One for those who get very cold on the bike or who ride in artic conditions. The price seems high but the performance and durability make it great value.

Not that I'm showing off (much) it's been up Ventoux three times in some serious high winds :cheer:

AL

ventoux.jpg

BIORACER KIT REVIEW - JACKETS,GILETS & L/S TOPS 3 years 10 months ago #2403

• aka @6t8
  • AdrianW
51924 Vest Windblock Net Back £60.00
www.bioracer.com/en/team-clothing/198/prof-body-gamex-netz

I choose the mesh back as I do run hot but still like some windproofing on the front.
As it’s mesh there’s obviously no pockets so you need to pull it up to get at jersey pockets.
As a windvest it works very well and fits with a little bit of stretch to it, so no need to have it flapping about losing you precious time on your Arndale strava segments.

Pro
- Windproof material on shoulders/upper back, handy when tucked

Con
- Cut of arm holes not quite right (on my body shape)
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by AdrianW. Reason: added url

BIORACER KIT REVIEW - JACKETS,GILETS & L/S TOPS 3 years 10 months ago #2405

• aka @6t8
  • AdrianW
51430 Shirt Long Sleeves Transotex £62.00
www.bioracer.com/en/team-clothing/196/prof-jersey-long-sleeves-transotex

Not really had a really cold day to try but it feels very warm, a little too warm possibly at the moment.

Pro
- Feels very warm

Con
- Arms could be a little short on taller people
- Arms very baggy fit in comparison to body

[Will update this review over the winter as I get more wear out of it]
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by AdrianW. Reason: added url
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds