Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Manchester to Le Tour

Manchester to Le Tour 3 months 2 weeks ago #10566

I wasn't going to run many tours this year but I've been sat on this ride for a while and I'm gonna put it out to the club first before putting it on general sale. This ride works on a few levels, five great days of riding, it's easy for riders as there's no extra travelling costs, it goes on all the roads I ride in Belgium and I can tap into all my contacts at hotels, bars and restaurants. There's also the Tour de France...................HAPPY DAYS!

The plan is to ride from Polocini Towers to Hull. Overnight ferry to Zeebrugge. Zeebrugge to Ypres. Ypres to the Tour stage on the Roubaix cobbles. www.letour.fr/en/stage-9

There will be a support van for luggage and spares etc following the ride. There's a Premier Inn next to the ride start so there's the option to stay over the night before and go out for a meal.

FRIDAY 13TH JULY - Meet at Polocini Towers. Head to Hull over'tops. Ride distance is just under 80 miles. We will regroup outside Hull and drive into the Ferry. It's not a great ride into Hull and logistically it makes sense to get everyone together.

Sat 14th - Zeebrugge - Ypres via some very nice places including lunch at the cycling museum in Roesalare we will pass Tyne Cot cemetery ascend the Kemmelberg and then head into Ypres. Evening meal and watch the last post.

I've got a great Hotel and restaurant to use in Ypres. Again I visit monthly so know all the best places and bike shops etc.

Sunday 15th - Tour stage. Head out. Ride/look at a few bits of pave. I've got a bar that will put on a BBQ for us plus. Party day. Tour stages are always awesome.

Monday - Head back to Zeebrugge.
Tues - Ride back to Manchester, train or jump in the van for those with knackered legs.

Cost works out at £475 per person. Based on two sharing. Breakfast is only included in Ypres.
Single person on the boat is £98 extra each way and £140 for a single room in Ypres.

Vive le tour
AL
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Polocini.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Manchester to Le Tour 3 months 2 weeks ago #10568

AL this looks great and the timing works very well for me. I'm very interested. I'll drop you a line separately. Frank

Manchester to Le Tour 3 months 1 week ago #10571

• GedR
I'm up for this Al.

Manchester to Le Tour 3 months 1 week ago #10572

Happy days. No need for deposits or anything as the only real expense is the ferry and I cant book that until we confirm a few more riders. If we can get 8-10 It'll become much cheaper as I'll get a group rate. If that happens I'll throw the saving in a kitty for lunch/coffee etc.

AL

Manchester to Le Tour 3 months 1 week ago #10573

Shame cant do this one .... sad sad sad ... In Maastrict that weekend to watch Andrea Rieu euro star to Brussels on the Saturday Monday......

Manchester to Le Tour 2 weeks 5 days ago #10608

Unfortunately we've not had enough want to do this and I'm now getting asked for a hotel deposit so I'm gonna have to cancel it.

Cheers
AL
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds