Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hungry Gecko - Manchester Food and Drink festival.

Hungry Gecko - Manchester Food and Drink festival. 1 year 1 month ago #9514

Jackie who does the catering at the sportives has sent me some info on a night she's organising. It's not cheap but you get six courses of great food. Could be a good chance for a few beers and a few laughs (unless Ken is there).

Author of Vegan Street Food, Master Chef runner-up and street food legend (who also happens to cook your grub at Polocini) Jackie ‘Hungy Gecko’ Kearney will conjure up a banquet demonstrating how delicious dairy-free food can be. From artichoke oysters with seaweed caviar and do-it-yourself experiments with raw food, to a spectacular one-off dessert designed by Manchester’s very own MilkJam (the dessert queens that are Ginger’s Comfort, BakeORama & Lush Brownies), the menu aims to surprise and inspire Manchester Food & Drink Festival diners with a six course feast of imaginative and delicious vegan food for all. Sat 8th Oct 2016

Tickets here: manchesterfoodanddrinkfestival.nutickets.com/Veganbanquet

Cheers
AL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hungry Gecko - Manchester Food and Drink festival. 1 year 1 month ago #9515

Sadly one I can't make given the date, but I'll echo how good this will be having seen Jackie's speciality-themed banquets in person previously.

Also, one of the girls behind Milkjam mentioned above (namely BakeORama) is a mate of mine, so I know the puddings will be insane for you cake fiends (*plug* their dessert bar is open now on Oxford St next door to the Palace if you're ever in town; it's mega. twitter.com/MilkJamMCR).
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds