Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trainer Road

Trainer Road 1 year 2 months ago #9539

Yo,

I've created a 'Team' page on TrainerRoad for those of us who like a bit of online turbo torture.

www.trainerroad.com/teams/4775-polocini-test-team

Why suffer in silence when everyone can share our pain?
"Ow, my legs" - Nicholas Cage
"Shut up, legs" - Jens Voigt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trainer Road 1 year 2 months ago #9554

I'm planning on subscribing to Trainer Road in a couple of weeks or so and doing a plan to get back some fitness over winter so will join this.

My weight gain and fitness loss over last few months can no longer be ignored!
Twitter: @Tasty_Burger
www.strava.com/athletes/lee_griffin

Trainer Road 1 year 2 months ago #9558

I think it's well worth the subscription. They recently updated the interface as well so it's easier to use.

One thing to bear in mind - unless you have a smart trainer you're best picking a resistance level that lets you do everything and use gears to make it easier / harder. If you change the resistance on the turbo you may find you need to do another FTP test even if you change the setting within the software. As an example, 350 W on my turbo (Tacx booster) at level 4 is MUCH harder than 350 W at level 3.

I think smart trainers do all the magic themselves so you don't have to think about it if you've got one of them fancy majigs.
"Ow, my legs" - Nicholas Cage
"Shut up, legs" - Jens Voigt

Trainer Road 1 year 2 months ago #9559

I have one of those TACX Smart trainers, used it a bit with Zwift last year but going to give trainer road a go time round. Have you done any of the plans, any recommendations? Focus will be on improving FTP.

I'll be in a position come late November where I should be able to do some commuting again so hopefully that will help get things back on track - in addition to a proper plan.

Trainer Road 1 year 3 weeks ago #9683

I've got a free month referral in my Trainerroad account - so if anyone wants to give it a try for a month let me know. I think it has to be a new account - not someone coming back to it. Or a different email address :whistle:
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds