Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Club update - Oct 2017

Club update - Oct 2017 1 month 1 week ago #10436

As a few of you know I'll not be running many tours after June 2018. Part of the club fee takes into account the fact that I usually give around £25 per tour discount and £5 per sportive. This means that if you'd paid £70 to join then you'd get a jersey worth £40 and then easily be able to get the £30 extra back on a tour or a few sportives.

So, if everyone thinks it's fair I'd like to drop the club membership back down to £50. Stll with £5 discount (and a beer) at the sportives. This might also bring in a few more members. If we can get 1 new member a month then the £10 on top will cover the web and forum hosting costs.

It doesn't seem right to be charging £70 if there's no longer the tour benefits.

Also we pay BC £140 a year for club affiliation. I propose stopping paying this as I honestly don't see how it benefits us in any way?

Please offer your opinion!

Cheers
AL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Club update - Oct 2017 1 month 1 week ago #10442

Sounds sensible on all counts to me... I didn't even realise membership price had gone up!

Personally not meithered about BC affiliation, but then I don't do any racing.

If costs ever got to be an issue, then I'd be happy chipping in!

Club update - Oct 2017 1 month 1 week ago #10446

Likewise seems sensible on all counts to me. As far as racing goes realistically that's a small group mainly doing CX and let's face it non of us are really troubling the front end of the race too much.

Club update - Oct 2017 1 month 2 days ago #10467

Ditto Fran and Frank's comments ........ except for the bit about troubling the race leaders!, they lap me that many times I'm sure I'm causing them plenty of trouble?! ;)

Club update - Oct 2017 1 month 2 days ago #10468

• Coffee, Cake, Rum & more Cake. Real Men Wear Pink
  • WOL
I've got some new drugs comin so I hope to be up nr the front soon B)
Why So Serious
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds