Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Speed Wobble, theory and advice.

Speed Wobble, theory and advice. 2 years 9 months ago #6063

• Ken
Now then, most of you know my feelings on this subject, as a victim of it and a couple of the "Marks" have asked me about it on rides.

Read the links below as they are interesting but remember, it is the interaction of rider and bike. Learn how to distribute your weight on the downhills and note the prevention of wobble in the first place.

The only thing I disagree with is the flaw in bike design. Its no so much a flaw, given all race bikes share similar geometry, its a case of compensating for the bikes design, otherwise we would all go back to bent forks and slow not so responsive steering and an ugly bike????

davesbikeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2005/11/high-speed-shimmy.html

davesbikeblog.squarespace.com/blog/2006/...immy-re-visited.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Speed Wobble, theory and advice. 2 years 9 months ago #6067

ken, a great post, I spoke to you about this on the last ride and I think everyone should know about this or made aware,,,this is a very serious issue if it happens, resulting in possibly horrible injuries or even worse,,I feel pretty strongly about this even though it has not happened to me and hope it doesn't,,,a very very dangerous phonomenem,

Speed Wobble, theory and advice. 2 years 9 months ago #6088

I have speed wobbles on every down hill, mainly my arse, thighs and gut wobble like buggery! !

Oh ..... its a serious thread, back to the turbo for me then!

Speed Wobble, theory and advice. 2 years 9 months ago #6090

Mick, you need to speak to Ken as he has patented a turbo machine with cobbles on the back roller so as to give you the roubaix training feel,,,,that in itself will I am sure increase your wobbles in your living room!!! very reasonably priced also!!!
Time to create page: 0.379 seconds