Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insurance

Insurance 2 years 5 months ago #6724

So my stable is starting to get full of steeds, two new ones in the last two weeks, well one new and one from the 80's but back after 6months away getting a good service.

So the wife tells me to get insurance on all of them just in case, but i sayz it's on the household one, but she argues, as she if French, that i need one for them all as they cost a lot of money.

So my fellow spotties, does any have or know of any companies that will do a good deal on bike insurance??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Insurance 2 years 5 months ago #6725

I switched my home insurance to M&S as it covers bikes so no need for separate bike insurance.

Insurance 2 years 5 months ago #6733

• Coffee, Cake & more Cake. Real Men Wear Pink
  • WOL
Jason does it only cover them if they are only parked in the house ?
Why So Serious

Insurance 2 years 5 months ago #6734

I initially went down the house insurance route as well but it depends on the value of your bikes and where / how you use them as to whether you get the best cover, so I've ended up going with a company called Bikmo Plus, you can tailor your insurance to your specific needs. Joining British Cycling also gives you some liability cover which is probably a bit cheaper than including at as part of your bike insurance options. If you do go with Bikmo enter the code YIIVpfq and apparently I'll get a £10 voucher! Which I'll share by way of a coffee on a club ride!

Insurance 2 years 5 months ago #6736

• Coffee, Cake & more Cake. Real Men Wear Pink
  • WOL
Cheerz andy your all heart :) I noticed you only said coffee and nothing about cake. .
I'll ask u about it tomorrow
Why So Serious

Insurance 2 years 5 months ago #6737

• Ken
My house insurance goes up to a grand for a bike so I've additional individual cover.
However, they state it must be secured and usually ask for gold standard locks, like the Kryptonite ones, anchored well and truly.

Individual insurance can also cover if the bike is forcibly taken off you, bike mugging kind of thing.

Shop around but rule of thumb is 10% value of the bike per annum ??
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds