Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sufferfest?

Sufferfest? 3 years 2 days ago #4844

Not wanting to sound like a proper turbo bore here, but anybody use the Sufferfest vids and, if so, what do you reckon to em?

Usually I just stick some music on and do a short structured session. However, last winter I got given one of the 3LC DVDs, and while it's a bit cringey with its low production values and boredom-relieving bantz, I actually do quite like a spin of it every now and then.

Which sufferfests do you use? Do they work off cadence, perceived effort or HR zone (or a combination)? Is the video footage/music any good, or a bit naff? Most importantly, is it worth a spend?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Re: Sufferfest? 3 years 2 days ago #4845

A few folks round here use them. I've got Angels, A Very Dark Place, Local Hero, Rubber Glove, Hell Hath No Fury and There Is No Try.

Angels and AVDP are my favourites.

They give cadence & perceived exertion instructions for each interval. I use heart rate but if you've got a power meter, you can link up with trainer road for extra data.

I like them if I can't get out on the road. You get some 'free' if you have a Strava Premium account so you could always try that for a month.
"Ow, my legs" - Nicholas Cage
"Shut up, legs" - Jens Voigt

Sufferfest? 3 years 1 day ago #4848

Nice one Ben, ta for the feedback. At the price of a pint it sounds like it's worth a go on Strava prem for the month.

Then again, a pint does sound good...
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds