Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: canyon endurace

canyon endurace 2 years 10 months ago #5616

Just about to hit the order button on a canyon endurace cf 7.0, just wondering if anyone has one of these, I know they are fresh out this year so pretty unlikely judging by the waiting time to recieve one!! A little concerned about size, according to canyon I should go for a large but when I compare the size to my two present bikes it seems a little small. Unfortunately one of the perils of ordering online, being unable to actually size one up :unsure: I've always wanted a canyon so pretty sure I'm going to go for it despite some of the horror stories I've heard re customer service, delivery & cracked frames :( Oh well you only live once :P Cheers Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

canyon endurace 2 years 10 months ago #5629

If you are happy with the bikes you have then measure those and get the canyon size that matches the closest. You might have to add a few mm on the stem or seat post. It might be worth measuring your cranks as well and getting the same length.

AL

canyon endurace 2 years 10 months ago #5645

Cheers for that Al, not ordered yet, still not sure about ordering without a sit on the bike first, besides just seen the new Giant defy advanced pro ;) ;)

canyon endurace 2 years 10 months ago #5647

One of my work mates just got a Canyon but it was the race one (forget what it's called) not the endurance one, he loves it though. It's a lot of bike for the money but I know what you mean about not being able to size it up first. Best to get a bike that's slightly small as you can always raise the seat post or get a longer stem. If the bike is too big you're stuffed :(

canyon endurace 2 years 10 months ago #5657

Giant Defy's are awesome and the new advanced looks a beauty, only problem is you'll be swapping the wheels out before long as they're pants.

canyon endurace 2 years 10 months ago #5658

Hi Dave,

I ordered the CF SL 9.0 last year and am chuffed to bits with it. I too was extremely nervous about ordering having not sat on the bike and spent weeks trying to decide what to do. Have you used their online sizing tool? I emailed Canyon all my measurements along with the geometry info for my Specialized and asked their opinion. I was pretty sure I needed the small size but was also concerned that it would be too aggressive but the guys at Canyon confirmed the small was the correct size & put my mind at rest that it wouldn't be too aggressive.

I wasn't overly impressed with UPS who delivered it as their website is based on U.S. times so the tracker service was a bit of a waste of time. I ended up having to take 2 days off work for it to be delivered at 6pm on the 2nd day...a tad annoying. The box was a bit ripped but everything inside was fine. I had some trouble fitting the seat post (which I won't go into again!) but it was ok in the end.

Since then I've spent many enjoyable hours on it and can't wait for the better weather to start again.

Hope that's helped with your decision making. :-)
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by SarahL.
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds