Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tour of Britain - Stage 3

Tour of Britain - Stage 3 1 year 7 months ago #8796

The Tour of Britain stage 3 is running from Congleton to Tatton Park. There will be a loop out over the Wizard, Brickworks amd the Cat amd Fiddle. Should be a good day out!
www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/2...ain-route-launched-0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tour of Britain - Stage 3 1 year 7 months ago #8798

Yep. Watch start at Congleton, whizz over to either Brickwork or Cat then try and get back to Tatton for the finish.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by fossy.

Tour of Britain - Stage 3 1 year 7 months ago #8805

I'm up for this as per what we did last year at Whaley Bridge. Also happy to meet up at whatever point the PTT collective decides is the route/venue/watching point.

B) :cheer:
Nearly 60 going on nearly 16.

Tour of Britain - Stage 3 1 year 7 months ago #8806

The Tour passes through Tatton twice in the last 50km, so some clever timing may get us to see the Tour pass 4 times (if lucky).

Tour of Britain - Stage 3 1 year 7 months ago #8815

That would be a lark but it would take careful planning and SAS style timing so best not let Napolean be the one with the whistle that day otherwise we might end up at the Cat n Fiddle after they've gone past and then no doubt Lee van CleatAsp would simply want to stay and drink beer till the sun sets.
Nearly 60 going on nearly 16.

Tour of Britain - Stage 3 1 year 2 months ago #9425

Loose timings for the Pro's is looking like 12.46hrs first run through Tatton Park, 13.11hrs The Wizard, 13.34hrs The Brickworks, 13.45hrs Cat n Fiddle and finish in Tatton at 15.00hrs.

At the speed they'll be travelling and especially if there's a breakaway, I don't think there'll be time to get from the Brickworks or the Cat to the finish before the Pro's, so I'm thinking of riding the Brickworks and the Cat well in advance of the Peloton (just to set them a time!) and then hopefully be in Tatton, beer in hand for the first pass, watch it on the screens and await their return.

I plan to set off from the Rising Sun, Hazel Grove at 08.00hrs if anyone else fancies joining me.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds