Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tour Series - Stoke and Northwich May 11/12

Tour Series - Stoke and Northwich May 11/12 6 months 3 weeks ago #10011

So the Tour Series is back again in May, locally at:

Stoke - Thurs May 11
Northwich - Fri May 12

Previous years we've ridden out to watch them, but they seem to have moved it entirely to an evening do, with events starting at 1700 and the men's races finishing around 9ish.

With that in mind, any interest in a club away trip to either of them? Few tins on the train, criterium racing, kebab and home?

Northwich is a slower train, but I'm honestly not meithered which. Any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tour Series - Stoke and Northwich May 11/12 6 months 3 weeks ago #10013

always up for beer, racing and food. Friday best for me but can fit in with either.
No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everybody on the couch

Tour Series - Stoke and Northwich May 11/12 6 months 3 weeks ago #10022

Fran, the only thing i like in that text is " Tins, Kebab and home".

Tour Series - Stoke and Northwich May 11/12 6 months 3 weeks ago #10024

I'll come along if you do the Friday night, sounds like a laugh.

On a similar subject, stage 3 of the TDY (Sunday 30/04) looks like a possibility for a ride/beer/train style adventure.

Has anyone put any thought in to where they might watch it, as there's a few options looking at the route? I'm favouring maybe Holmfirth and then a train from Slaithwaite or sumfink?
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by cyclingasp.

Tour Series - Stoke and Northwich May 11/12 6 months 3 weeks ago #10027

Happy days, lets shoot for Northwich then. They've got a spoons from like the 1600s or something that the race goes past so it'll be cultural as well as sporting.

Re: TDY, I'd imagined watching it from the top of Ewden Bank on Strines, purely because it'll be the slowest we see them go all day. Not a great deal of options for watching the race build up there though, and it'd be nice to watch racing start and finish, so Holmfirth may well be a better shout. No way I'm riding Strines with a crate of stella on my back anyway.

Tour Series - Stoke and Northwich May 11/12 6 months 3 weeks ago #10028

count me in for both the Friday 12th May and Sunday 30th April..

It's unheard of my shifts falling on rest days when events are being organised not just for one date but two....

Happy days...
It's all in the mind...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds