Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tour De Yorkshire 30th April 2017

Tour De Yorkshire 30th April 2017 6 months 3 weeks ago #10030

Hi All,

Tour De Yorkshire stage 3 Goes Up Deliverance On The High Peak half Hog route.
On that Sunday who is up for a jolly old outing either up the moss and get to the top of the hill that way or we could go up the snake and get there that way then after watching the Pro's go through finish off the half hog route???

Or if people wanted we could watch at the finish and see them go through on the circuit twice? (personally I would like to see them "suffer" on Deliverance's 25% grade). B) :evil:
If in doubt apply RULE 5!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tour De Yorkshire 30th April 2017 6 months 1 day ago #10096

I like the sounds of watching on strines and was thinking of doing most of the hog route then watching them there. However I'm keen to avoid the faff of cycling about to find somewhere to get a beer, when everyone's potentially doing the same thing and thinking it might be better to watch them with a pint. So instead I'm gonna do a ride, 60 miles or so with a coffee break, heading out towards sowerby and then back to holmefirth.

Looking to get to HF about 3ish, as the race is due through about 4ish. May try and find a pub in the hade edge area, or just get settled in the town centre and get some grub.

Will then probably head for Huddersfield and the train home, after a couple at magic rock? Trains seem to be every half hour back to Piccadilly.

Tour De Yorkshire 30th April 2017 5 months 4 weeks ago #10100

I'm on board for this - had a look at your route and it looks decent.

I've tweeted the Summer Wine Brewery tap in Honley to see if they're doing anything on the day (https://twitter.com/SWBTaps). The race goes through Honley just before Holmfirth, and the tap is quite big, has a telly etc. They usually do pizzas and stuff at the weekend, so it might be worth a shout as a pre-race base?

They should be showing the race in there given they're cycling fans, and I reckon Magic Rock will have it on the big screen so would hopefully make it over to Huddersfield in time to watch the finish.

Tour De Yorkshire 30th April 2017 5 months 4 weeks ago #10101

Honleys a great shout mate, nice one.

Tour De Yorkshire 30th April 2017 5 months 3 weeks ago #10106

Would have loved to join you but on a main shift :evil: Sounds like a great day
Twitter: @Tasty_Burger
www.strava.com/athletes/lee_griffin

Tour De Yorkshire 30th April 2017 5 months 3 weeks ago #10114

Hi All,

Anyone who still wants to be on top of the hill on Strines, I'm setting off from Glossop Costa @2pm going over snake and riding over leisurely style then watch when the race gets to that point at the top of Ewden heights (deliverance). if we get there too early we can do a loop around etc until we need to be ready for the pro's.

Hope to see someone, anyone there. Even Wobbles. :P :P :P :P B)
If in doubt apply RULE 5!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds