Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Veterans summer track league

Veterans summer track league 11 months 5 days ago #9667

For all of us aging track riders, I have heard that there is the possibility of a Veterans League at the Velodrome next summer. I have been in touch with the guys trying to set it up who have told me that:

"May-September 2017, Monday nights, 7-10pm. (Total of 22 weeks, potentially)
Male 40+, Female 30+

It would be endurance based (with the possibility of the odd sprint/Madison night) with, say, a scratch, points, elimination race per night. So, 3 races, maybe 4 if we're organised. All races, in keeping with us old-timers, would be longer than current track leagues, so 30, 40, even 60 lappers.

The details are sketchy and this is all at the discussion stage but am trying to gauge interest so would love a note here (or to my email) if you're interested ... Put it this way, if you would register for this tomorrow if you knew it was going ahead, please shout out.

Open for discussion, but my thoughts are Registration would be (one-off) £20 ... and then £15 per night to race."

I would assume that ypu need to be either accredited or moving that way as you would for the other leagues, or a Wheelers Race Night.

I know lots of you will be Road riding next summer, but this is way more fun and it will be raining outside anyway.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Veterans summer track league 11 months 4 days ago #9670

I'm not accredited yet but have risen the track several times and would be interested in this and completing accreditation.

Veterans summer track league 11 months 4 days ago #9671

Sounds good. I will let Ian know. It would be good to get a few more spots at the track.

Veterans summer track league 11 months 2 days ago #9673

Allway's wanted to try this so yep i'm interested, just need to know what's involved in getting accredited.
No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everybody on the couch

Veterans summer track league 11 months 2 days ago #9674

I would be right up for this if it involved sprints, not to sure about that endurance lark! went to a cyclechat evening there a few years back and got beaten up by some bloke called Frank......................

Veterans summer track league 11 months 2 days ago #9675

May well be interested in this and will keep an eye out for more details
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds