Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Silverstone 2016

Silverstone 2016 2 years 3 months ago #7373

For those of you not familiar with this event we ride the Silverstone 9up TT around the F1 circuit every year. That's teams of nine riders doing three laps and you have to finish with a minimum of five riders.

It's on a friday night (usually mid june) and we travel down on the day, stay at a hotel and are lucky to have a pal with a pub/restaurant so we can have beer/food late on. There's a nice ride on the Saturday before we head home.

We don't take it particularly serious although in 2016 I'd like to have a crack at one serious team and then two more teams.

That's 27 riders. Which leads me to................

On the way down we were stuck in traffic next to a luxury coach. It's one used by a premiership football team. I told the story of how I'd used one for a trip with GERAINT THOMAS (shameless name drop). Anyway, I've provisionally reserved one subject to feedback from you lot.

The coach has leather seats throughout, sky tv, ps4, everyone has a fridge at their table, toilets and there's a full kitchen with coffee machine oven etc etc etc.

We could all travel together, eat properly and there would be no need to stop and it would be a good laugh with all the teams together. After the ride we can get changed on the coach and not do all the faffing about.

I can't say what the cost is on here or which team's coach it is. They wouldn't like it and we get a deal on the price but I can tell everyone in private. We would be looking at £120 per head for the weekend. Hotel b&b, entry and return transport.

Now if we could get four teams it would be cheaper.....................There would be room on the coach!!!

Let me know your thoughts on this. Is it too expensive? Would we look daft turning up in a coach?

There's no need to discuss how good Silverstone is or pointless chat (Howard :cheer: ) But confirm if you want to enter.

AL
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Polocini.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Silverstone 2016 2 years 3 months ago #7374

This is the old Arsenal team coach. You can see me and Geraint Thomas chatting. That's Geraint Thomas of Team Sky. Olympic Gold Medalist and starting Le tour on Saturday.

We rode up the Koppenberg together later that day.

SHAMELESS :whistle:

AL

gtcoach.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Polocini.

Silverstone 2016 2 years 3 months ago #7375

• Coffee, Cake & more Cake. Real Men Wear Pink
  • WOL
Look cool turning up in a coach. Im up 4 it :woohoo:
Why So Serious

Silverstone 2016 2 years 3 months ago #7376

Oh dear. If Col thinks it's cool........................

AL

Silverstone 2016 2 years 3 months ago #7377

I only travel in starliners when prepping for a TT, i also require fresh flowers and fruit every morning, The post ride masseuse must be of south asian orientation as they are better trained!

If i can think of anything else..........

Silverstone 2016 2 years 3 months ago #7379

I’m up for it again regardless of transport options. A coach would make it easier, which would get everyone there fresher, which would guarantee us taking the top spots (pun intended). HOWEVER, it is a fair step up in price so if we could get 4 teams or at least some ‘support’ crew on board (pun intended) then I’d be happier.

MickTheMove? MickTheDiva, more like.
"Ow, my legs" - Nicholas Cage
"Shut up, legs" - Jens Voigt
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds