Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cyclocross. NWCCA

Cyclocross. NWCCA 2 years 2 months ago #8093

After seeing a few more spots at Heaton Park last weekend I thought it would be worth having a thread on here.

The calender can be found here nwcca.org.uk/calendar/

It's always been a very friendly relaxed atmosphere when I have been. There is a very mixed range of ability in both the Seniors and the Vets and Women's races. After a lap or so things seem to settle and you end up racing with a few others of similar ability.

The rules on equipment are fairly relaxed. There a plenty of people on hard tail mountain bikes. You don't need to join the league if you are just going to do a few races.

You can race on a provisional or full BC licence or by a day license for £3

Entry is usually about £14

At some venues there may be a nominal parking fee.

This year they are using Chip timing, you will need to either leave your BC license or a tenner as a deposit.

It's usually worth turning up a little early to get yourself sorted out and ride a practice lap or two.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cyclocross. NWCCA 2 years 2 months ago #8094

Is anyone going to Rossendale tomorrow? I'm still unsure due to family and work commitments.

Cyclocross. NWCCA 2 years 1 month ago #8095

Hi Frank, I couldn't make the Rossendale event either due to family commitments and am in the same position for the next one at Bebbington, but I'm hoping to have a pass out for the Northwich event on the 24th, if not I'll just sneak out and say I'm going for a paper and that there was a big queue! ;)

Cyclocross. NWCCA 2 years 1 month ago #8096

The Weaver Valley event in Northwich the weekend after next is my next planned race. Family commitments next weekend.

Frank

Cyclocross. NWCCA 2 years 1 month ago #8175

Anyone else doing the race on Saturday?

Cyclocross. NWCCA 1 year 4 months ago #9392

League Membership for this season has opened up via the British Cycling Site with s link to the provisional calendar. Time to clean and oil the cross bikes and get ready for some muddy fun!
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds